The Start of a New Beginning

Greetings to the outside world! So I created this blog to share with everyone the progress, the journey and also maybe some venting in between. I feel like maybe it will help me stay motivated and help with some inspiration and honestly, why not? 

So here is a quick scoop. I started this keto lifestyle change (I'm not calling it a diet) on January 31st 2018.  The great thing is I didn't start alone. My other half and I are in this together. 

Before starting this, I am weighing around 265lbs (give or take).  I'll be weighing myself in a couple more days. 

I would be lying if I said it's been super easy, but honestly it hasn't been all that bad. Sweet cravings do pass , and eating healthier does help!   

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Prep 


Some of you may not know what a "keto diet" is , so I'll explain it in simpler terms.  

It is a low carb , moderate protein and high fat diet. See, when you eat a lot of carbs, your body starts turning that into glucose. Your body depends on that glucose to use as energy and because of this, your fat isn't being used as energy so it's being stored. 

Ketosis is simply a metabolism stage where your body doesn't have all those carbs, so it will start using the fat to burn off and use as the prime energy by making keytones.




What is my goal? 

Well to start, My long term goal is losing 100 pounds. I  know this won't be an over night thing, but i'm pretty dedicated to it. Once I lose the amount I want, My journey continues to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  So today, I want to say hello and I look forward to keeping everyone updated on this journey! 

I'm on day 5 and I'm starting to feel a bit better than the last few days and I look forward to each day to come! Cheers! 

Before ending tonight, 

Everyone does different diets to find out what works best for them. This is the one I chose, so any negative comments are unneeded.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 of Keto Life and Still Survivng!

New Keto Lifestyle, Day 7!!